United States Air Force
May 15, 2014
Board for Correction of Air Force Records
550-C Street West, Suite 40
Randolph AFB, TX 78150-4742
555 Main Street
Anywhere, USA (your zip code)
RE: Awards and Decorations earned but not awarded at my time of separation
1. 1966 Sep 22 - Enlisted in the USAF
2. 1967 Oct - Arrived Tan Son Nhut Air Base, Saigon, Vietnam. Assigned: 377th Security Police Squadron
3. 1969 Jul 30 - Departed Vietnam.
4. 1970 Sep 21 - ETS’d USAF Active Duty, Vance AFB, Oklahoma
When I left Vietnam and then ETS’d from the USAF, I had not been made aware of some awards I had earned while assigned to the 377th Security Police Squadron, Tan Son Nhut Air Base, Saigon, Vietnam.
Now I am aware of three awards, I believe that I am authorized to wear.
1. Presidential Unit Citation: Tet Offensive, Jan 31, 1968 - Feb 2, 1968
2. Air Force Outstanding Unit Award, with Combat Valor, Apr 01, 1969 - Mar 31, 1971
3. Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm, May 15, 1967 - Jan 28, 1973
1. USAF Form DD-214
2. USAF Form DD-149 must accompany the request.
3. AFP 900-2, Awards and Decorations, dated 15 Jun 1971, AFP 900-2, dated 23 Nov 1981
4. 377th Security Police Squadron, "Lineage and Honors"